First of all, thank you so much, Split the Night, for nominating me. A huge Thank you to Charli Dee as well, who had nominated me a long time ago already. I am very happy that the both of you deemed my blog worthy of a nomination for this award. You can find Split the Night’s blog here and Charli’s blog here. I recently also collaborated with Charli on the topic of Body Image (Charli’s Part; My Part)
This is the overall second award I received, and I am incredibly happy. For everyone who is not accustomed to the rules of the Liebster award, here they are:
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog
- Post the Award on your blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Give an answer to all 11 questions the nominator asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (this award is meant for new, upcoming bloggers)
- Come up with 11 new questions for your nominees
First of all, here are the 11 facts about me:
- I love pets, but never had any
- I would love to have a house close to the sea one day
- I wear contact lenses
- I am extremely ambitious
- I cannot cook (or just extremely bad)
- I have Misophonia
- I would like to get a tattoo one day
- I have no idea how to be an adult
- Books are everything
- I used to row
- I love preparing personal gifts
The 11 questions I was asked by Charli and my answers to them:
- What is your favourite colour?
Green, definitely and without a doubt. It has to be a fresh green though; I am not really into the dark and muddy tones.
- What’s your favourite snack to eat?
This is really difficult, since I am a huge snacker, but I guess I would have to go with chocolate in the end. However, I also love spicy crisps (a lot) or fruit bars.
- Do you like salty treats or do you have more of a sweet tooth?
Well, according to my previous answer it should be sweets, but generally I would not be sure about it. I guess it depends on the situation. In exam weeks it is definitely sweets, but when I am watching a movie, it HAS to be crisps.
- What’s your favourite music genre?
Rock and alternative rock. I also listen to a lot of other stuff of course, but nothing beats Queen, Gun’s and Roses or Green Day.
- Do you like taking risks or do you prefer playing it safe?
My favourite answer: It depends. Generally, I am a person that prefers safety and stability, at least regarding my circumstances in life. However, I really like adrenaline kicks sometimes. There is nothing wrong with doing the highest and most exciting roller coasters, climbing in great heights or jumping from cliffs (not too high though).
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Ambivert I would say. This means that I can enjoy groups and gatherings, but sometimes I also prefer being on my own and enjoy the solitude.
- How do you get inspiration for your blog posts?
It usually happens randomly. Everyone knows shower thoughts etc., luckily I haven’t really had a writer’s block so far, but I guess that’s because I am still very new.
- How would you improve your blog moving forward?
I assume that the topics I write about might change from time to time, depending on what interests me most at the time. There might be some development regarding my writing style, but I don’t think I would be good at judging that myself.
- How did you choose your blog niche?
I did not choose it, it chose me. No, just kidding. I just wanted to write something that interested me and that I felt was really relevant in our time, so this blog is what I came up with. You can find the description of how I started my blog here.
- What’s your favourite TV show?
Sherlock. I thought of just leaving it at that, but no, I need to give you some background info. I am not just a casual watcher who thought it was a nice show, I am obsessed and my friends regularly question my sanity. To all of them: Thanks for putting up with me <3. But, good news for my friends, it is highly unlikely that I will be still this obsessed when I am 80 when the fifth season finally comes out *quiet sobbing*.
- Can you play an instrument?
Sadly, I can’t. As a kid I played the piano, the flute and the violin (all separately on their own, during different times of my childhood). I dropped them, because I discovered arts and had a lot of stuff going on in general, but it is a dream of mine to properly learn the piano when I have a job to pay for lessons etc.
It was great answering all these questions, especially because I had to think about a few of them for quite some time. They made me consider things that I hadn’t thought of before. The same goes for Splitthenight’s questions, which I will be answering next:
- Too wet or too dry?
I am not exactly sure what this means, but I guess it would be too dry for me.
- If you could choose in which time period to live, which would you choose?
I was never that much of a history fanatic and wouldn’t know all the differences and exact backgrounds. Apart from that I really appreciate all the inventions that we have today, so I guess I am okay with the time period I live in. I would have liked to be born 10-20 years earlier though, just to see what life was like without all the technology.
- Main Course or dessert?
Dessert. My favourite are the chocolate cakes with a soft core.
- Are you more curious about what’s in the deepest part of the ocean or outer space?
Since I have always loved water and swimming, it would be the ocean.
- Have you ever tried to bake a cake from those 2-minute videos that made it look really easy, but then it wasn’t?
Yes, I have and I wish I hadn’t. I did it together with one of my best friends and it went horribly wrong. We had a lot of fun though.
- What’s the most useless thing you have ever bought?
I am a very cheap person and barely ever go shopping, so this is really difficult. I only buy stuff when I really need it. However, once I bought a pair of sandals that turned out to be so uncomfortable that I only wore it once and the never again.
- Would you rather travel to sunny beaches or interesting cities?
Definitely sunny beaches. Although cities can also be really interesting.
- What skill do you want to possess the most?
If this relates to superhero powers, it would be breathing under water. In case this relates to normal human skills it would be dancing, singing or playing the piano. I can’t really decide right now.
- Have you ever done something and then instantly regretted it?
Oh yes. I cannot recall something particular now, but I have said stuff in the past that I regretted immediately after the words had left my mouth.
- Is there something you think needs to be invented?
I don’t seem to be really creative today, so I cannot think of something. If I get an idea during the next days, I will put it here.
- What was the best decision you have ever made?
Since I am still very young, there have only been very few decisions that had a significant influence on my life. I would say that moving to anther country to study was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It comes with a few hardships of course, but I really feel like it helps me grow and makes me leave my comfort zone.
In the following I will list 11 amazing people, who I think should get more traffic to their blog, so give them a lot of love and support them:
- Nyxie’s Nook
- The girl in flat 26
- By the light of the moon
- Mummy of a square peg
- Hearts and Houseshoes
- Elora the Explorer
- Just a Belfastgirl
- A Beautiful Mind
- A Ginger Life
- Dare to find your why
And now finally, I get to ask my own questions. I am really curious to what your answers will be:
- What is your favourite place to be?
- If you were a fruit or vegetable, what would you be?
- What is your favourite book (I know, I am cruel)?
- How long does it take you to write an entire blog post?
- What would you do with a million dollars/euros/pounds (choose your currency :,D)?
- What is your favourite piece of clothing?
- How often do you do sport?
- Do you have any secret obsessions/guilty pleasures?
- When was the last time you felt you could burst from happiness and why?
- What is the one thing you cannot live without?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?